Extaordinaryreads Short Story Competition. Win $1000 and $20 per month
- Entries must be written in English.
- Entries should be between 500 – 5000 words long.
- Entries must be suitable for a family-friendly audience, so, they should not include excessive violence or graphically sexual content. If the piece is only suitable for adult eyes the work must include an over eighteen rating, and as such may be disqualified, based on the level of adult content.
- Entries may be of any genre.
- Winning entries will be selected by popularity. The story with the highest rating and number of votes, wins. If there is a tie the web mistress, Susan Hern, will choose the winner between the entrants.
- All announced results must be considered final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Entrants must be older than thirteen.
- There is no entry fee, but those entries, which include the code published in the website’s magazine ‘The Fresh Voice’, which is on sale at the links below for $0.99, will receive much higher prize payouts.
Prizes are as follows
- First place, $800 if the entry is accompanied by the competition code to be found in The Fresh Voice Magazine(amazon or Smashwords $0.99 or get a free copy by signing up for extaordinaryreads’ newsletter http://www.extaordinaryreads.com/newsletter.php ), $100 if it is not.
- Second place $150 if accompanied by magazine code, $10 if it is not.
- Third place, $50 if accompanied by magazine code, one years magazine subscription if not
- Fourth, fifth and sixth places: entries will be published, along with the other winners, in an anthology. The entrants will receive 80% (after retailer’s commission) of all sales from Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Smashwords, Kobo, iBooks, Google Play, Goodreads, Scribd, iTunes and various other digital retail book platforms. The book will also be published in paper back, for distribution to the American market, by Create Space. The publishing contract will include, proofreading, editing, book formatting, cover art and advertising and distribution.
- All winners receive the publishing package described above.
- One winning story will be published in the magazine ‘The Fresh Voice’, monthly.
- The competition is open from the 29th of April 2014, and runs until, 29th of April 2015(or until at least 1000 entries have been received). Monthly, winners will also be selected by the voters, and those winners will receive a $20 Amazon book voucher monthly
- A list of winners will be published on Our Newsletter page and in the magazine ‘The Fresh Voice’, monthly.
- Entries must be uploaded on site using the webform provided on the members page. Membership is free and always will be sign up here Register or Login
- Entries are available for all to read and vote on, instantly after upload on site.
- Entries may be viewed in highest-to-lowest popularity(based on ratings), or newest-to-oldest.
- Entries must be accompanied by cover art (black and white is preferable ), the image must be 500 px wide by 700 px long, and will be reduced to this size if larger. Entries will be disqualified if not accompanied by a cover image which must include a pen name.(not the entrants real name)
- Winners will be notified by email.
- The magazine prize enhancement code may be added to entries at any time during the first month of publication, and does not have to be included on upload
- Entries must be the original work of the author, and may not be available elsewhere in digital format, other than the author’s blog.
- Staff, owners or affiliates of extaordinaryreads may enter the competition as examples of stories required but may not win any prizes despite their voter status (eg:-Nora Black)
Magazine Retail sites from 5th of May